Placon adheres to the high standards of safety, quality, and sustainability that are demanded by the food, retail, and medical packaging markets throughout each of our facilities. Whether it’s when we’re designed and manufacturing custom and stock thermoformed packaging or recycling and producing eco-friendly post-consumer PET material, Placon’s certifications show that safety, quality, and sustainability are always at the forefront of our business.
Commitment to Excellence
We maintain our aggressive safety, quality, and sustainability objectives through:
- Quality management certifications, including…
- ISO 9001 Certified (Madison, WI and Plymouth, MN)
- ISO 13485 Certified (Elkhart, IN)
- SQF Certified (West Springfield, MA)
- Support of international quality standards and guidelines, including…
- AIBI Inspected (Madison, WI) to the requirements of Consolidated Standards for Food Contact Packaging Manufacturing Facilities
- IMS Listed (Madison, WI and West Springfield, MA)
- All locations follow GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Lean Manufacturing Principles
- ISO class 100,000 clean rooms (Madison, WI, Plymouth, MN, and Elkhart, IN) for the manufacture of medical device packaging
- SPC (Statistical Process Control) Procedures
- Product traceability
Our EcoStar material has been qualified for safe food packaging by earning an FDA LNO for direct food contact. All of our quality systems ensure that our customers consistently receive the highest performing, safest recycled material possible, with complete lot-to-lot traceability.
To view and/or print Placon certifications, please click on the desired box below. To learn more about any of our certifications, please contact our Customer Service department at 1.800.541.1535.