From single barrier trays to double sterile barrier systems, we know how important it is to keep your medical products safe and secure prior to being used in a medical setting or operating room. In most scenarios, a thermoformed tray maintains the integrity of the overall package. In medical packaging, PETG is the standard material for rigid packages for its durability, excellent forming capabilities, and chemical resistance.
- PETG is easily formable, perfect for intricate trays, rigid packaging, blisters, and clamshells
- High clarity, view the contents inside easily
- Compatible with sterilizing processes such as EtO and Gamma
BargerGard is a thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) that protects rough and sharp components, porous-coated, or otherwise abrasive instruments during shipping and prior to medical usage. that can be designed specifically for your product.
- High-abrasion resistance
- impact- and cut-resistant,
- ideal for rough inserts and needles—generally, these abrasive parts can scratch PETG and cause particulate where BargerGard won’t.
- Can be formed, die-cut, and welded
- Made for liners, carriers, blade covers, screw pouches, cushioning, sleeves, or tip protection
- Compatible with ethylene oxide (EtO), gamma, and eBeam sterilization
- UV inhibiting properties that won’t break down with UV sterilization
Tyvek® lidding is used to seal the components inside thermoformed trays shut. Lidding is available with your customized print graphic and can be cut exactly to the dimension of your tray.
- Adheres strongly to PETG trays
- Porous makeup allows for sterilization methods to pull through the fibrous material
- Communicate important messages with three-color print capabilities
- Add lift tabs to double-barrier trays making it easy for the user to lift inner tray without compromising sterilization
Foil is also adhered to thermoformed PETG trays but is used in different applications. One would need a foil lid if you need an oxygen barrier to protect the inside components, or if there are liquids in the tray.
- Best used in applications where sterilization happens prior to lid sealing
- Strong oxygen barrier as foil is non-porous
- Adheres to PETG Trays, no printing capabilities directly on foil
Backer cards are used in instances similar to trays and BargerGard pouches where components need to be packaged together, without free-floating around the container, most commonly paired with a Tyvek-vacuum-sealed, poly-pouch.
- Simple designs keep instruments safely separated and contained altogether
- HDPE is a durable, impact- and scratch-resistant material to protect components
- Suited best for non-abrasive or sharp objects that could scratch HDPE particulate into the package
- A lower-cost alternative to tray tooling